«Support country schools»
On the 28th of May, 2018 on the eve of 10 year anniversary of AEO “Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools” the campaign “Support country schools” was held at school №68.
The event organized by the AEO “Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools” was held by Nazarbayev Intellctual School of Astana.
It is not the first meeting of the two above-named schools. The teaching staff of Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Astana shared their experience in “Lesson study”, as well as the tutors shared their knowledge about the “Shanyrak pastoral system” in different workshops and open lessons.
As part of the campaign the school was presented 120 pot flowers, grown by the students of the school, 256 books which were collected under the “Bookcrossing” campaign and the 3D printer which was constructed by the students of Nazarvayev Intellectual School of Almaty.
With support from the official sponsor, “Kazzinc Holdings” all Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools presented 15 balls for football, basketball and volleyball
The “Support country schools” campaign opened with a festive concert and greeting words of Aigul Kazzhanova Omirkyzy, the managing director of AEO “Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools”. The principal of the school #68 Kunimbala Bayakhmetova Izteleukyzy expressed her gratitude on behalf of the whole school community.
The teachers of Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Astana organized a fair “The city of all trades” under the campaign. The fair included:
- Braiding hair section by the tutors Myrtabayeva E.K. and Serikbaykyzy Z.
- Section on preparing toibastar by tutors Ryspekova A.S. and Atanakova E.K.
- Section on making national products “Great land treasure” by the art teacher Akhmetkaliyeva S.A.
- Clay modeling section by Danilchuk O.A.
- Section on making products from felt by the tutor Boshakova N.S.
- Handicraft section organized by the parent’s committee member Tumanbayeva A.D.
Moreover, the following open lessons were conducted to the students of school #68:
- Teachers of English language Issina G.Zh. and Abubakirova A.N. conducted a lesson with 19 students. The theme of the lesson was “Sherlock Holmes inside me”. The lesson was conducted in a form of a game and students were able to demonstrate their knowledge through the different activities in pairs and in groups.
- 18 students took part in science lesson about acids and alkalies. The lesson was conducted as a combination of 3 subjects by the teacher of chemistry Rakhymzhanova B.Z., the teacher of physics Aliyev B.Zh. and the teacher of biology Toleubayeva M.M. students were able to do laboratory research, demonstrate peer feedback and reflect on their work.
- Teachers of Drama John Rider and Abitayeva M. conducted the Drama lesson with 25 students. Students were shown the scene etiquette and pratctised different types of vocal warm up exercises. Moreover, students were presented to a term of “the greek chorus”. Students demonstrated their knowledge gained during the lesson performing Abay’s poem in the greek chorus. The lesson completed with different teamwork games.
- 25 students were involved in the world of robots. The leader of the project group Duisembayeva K.Zh. taught the students of school #68 how to collect and encode robots with the help of her students.
- 20 students were involved in the lesson on encouraging reading effectively, conducted by the school librarian Mukanova A.N. Students read books with huge interest through “Book Bingo” and “Book Jam” methods and were presented to the project of 100 books.
In addition, the students of Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Astana decorated a wall of the school #68 with different pictures about friendship, family and nature.
The teachers of school #68 were given a workshop on effective teaching and learning by the coaches of Center of Pedagogical Excellence Aidossova T.K., Zhunussova F.U., Aldanysh A., Akhmetova S.P.
More than 500 students, 120 teachers and 200 parents took part in the campaign.
We hope that such interesting and useful meeting will be best remembered by the school for a long time.