We are glad to see you and your children in our school! As you know, the mission of our school is “To develop an intellectual community where all the members in the process of their development are motivated by ethical values, intercultural understanding and appreciation of lifelong learning.”
One of our main requirements for students of the Nazarbayev Intellectual school is the uniform which supports discipline, the development of responsibility and meets the school’s mission. The uniform is the emblem of the Nazarbayev Intellectual school student. First of all, the uniform is an essential part of nurturing the spirit of the school community. That is why a respectful attitude to the school uniform, which is one of the main attributes of Nazarbayev Intellectual school is the duty of every student.
Parents can support the Nazarbayev Intellectual school staff by ensuring that their children follow the school dress code according to the basic rules. In case of breaking the rules the school administration will have to ask you to come for a face to face conversation.
We hope you will understand and support us.
Principal Bauyrzhan Serikov
Here is the link for the school curriculum: https://nisa-public.rubiconatlas.org
September 1, 2010
NIS Astana was founded as Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Chemistry and Biology.
Nazarbayev Intellectual School of Astana was successfully authorized and received ‘IB World School’ status. Of all Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools, NIS Astana is the only school which offers IB programmes and qualifications.
Since September, 2010, 127 students graduated our school.
1) Graduates of 2011-2012
Total number of graduates – 41
Leading universities of Kazakhstan- 27 (65, 85%).
Nazarbayev University- 8 (19, 51%).
Abroad – 6 (14, 64%): 1) Grant- 1 (2, 45%).
2) Commercial basis-5(12, 19%).
2) Graduates of 2013-2014
Number of graduates – 44
Leading universities of Kazakhstan- 18 (40, 91%)
Nazarbayev University – 14 (31, 81%).
Foreign Universities – 12 (27, 27%): 1) Grant – 4 (9, 09%).
2) Commercial basis – 8 (18, 19%).
The first graduates with IB Diploma – Academic Year 2014-2015
3) Graduates of 2014-2015
Number of graduates – 42
Leading universities of Kazakhstan – 9 (21, 42%).
Nazarbayev University – 16 (38, 09%).
Abroad -17 (40.47%):
1) Grant -8 (19.04%)
2) Commercial basis – 9 (21.42%).
Graduates of NISA have received their education in the United States, South Korea, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Czech Republic, China, Finland, Russia, Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, Cyprus, Canada and Singapore:
1) US universities:
- Stanford https://www.stanford.edu/
- James Madison University www.jmu.edu/
- U.S. Air Forse Academy www.usafa.af.mil/
- University of California Fullerton www.fullerton.edu/
- Kansas State University www.k–state.edu/
- Columbia College Chicago www.colum.edu/
- Worcester Academy http://www.worcesteracademy.org/page
2) Universities of South Korea:
- Dongguk University www.dongguk.edu/mbs/en/
- Pusan National University http://www.pusan.ac.kr/
- SolBridge International School of Business www.solbridge.ac.kr/
3) Universities of the UK:
- Brunel University www.brunel.ac.uk/
- Qween Mary University of London www.qmul.ac.uk/
- London School of Business and Finance www.lsbf.org.uk/
4) Universities of Germany:
- “Technishe Universität München” https://www.tum.de/
- Language School Bielefeld http://www.tandem-germany.de/bielefeld-en.html
5) Universities of China:
- China University of Mining and Technology www.cumtb.edu.cn/
- Beijing University of International Business and Economics http://www.uibe.cn/app/en
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University www.polyu.edu.hk/
6) University of the Czech Republic:
- Brno University of Technology https://www.vutbr.cz/en/
7) University of Cyprus:
- European University Cyprus www.euc.ac.cy/
8) University of Malaysia:
- University of Nottingham in Malaysia www.nottingham.edu.my/
9) The University of the United Arab Emirates:
- Canadian University of Dubai www.cud.ac.ae/
10) Universities of Switzerland:
11) University of Canada:
- University of Toronto www.utoronto.ca/
12) University of Singapore:
- Singapore Management University www.smu.edu.sg/
13) Universities of Russia:
- Novosibirsk State Medical University en.ngmu.ru/
- MGIMO http://www.mgimo.ru/
14) University of Finland:
- Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences www.metropolia.fi/en/